2. Information Collected
Information you provide directly to Australian Opal Direct Services. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a Australian Opal Direct Services. Australian Opal Direct Web Sites may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services or content features including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to the Australian Opal Direct Services for publication, such as your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and the address of your website;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- Payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver's license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service.
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular website or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
Information we collect automatically on Australian Opal Direct Services. Australian Opal Direct Services may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Websites you visited before and after visiting a Australian Opal Direct Services;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within Australian Opal Direct Services;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to (including music applications such as iTunes, Spotify and Last.fm) and content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer including registry key information; and
- Standard server log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and websites (e.g., on our Facebook pages), and from commercially available sources (e.g., data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third party services (e.g., Facebook, Google+ or Twitter) through a Australian Opal Direct Service, or if you access a Australian Opal Direct Service via a third party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services.
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Australian Opal Direct Services.
3. Use of Information
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., shipment and/or fulfillment) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as new item releases, contests, sweepstakes, newsletters and message boards;
- Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of Australian Opal Direct Services,
- Analyze the use of Australian Opal Direct Services and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a Australian Opal Direct Services;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, as described in our overview of Australian Opal Direct Online Advertising;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Disclosure of Information
Australian Opal Direct is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- Authorized third party service providers. We share your contact information with third party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose. Also, authorized third party service providers may collect non-contact information about your visits to our Services with cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies that may be used to deliver advertisements or marketing tailored to your interests.
- Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Australian Opal Direct Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
5. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy Australian Opal Direct Services without providing us directly with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may be collected automatically or be requested so that you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on Australian Opal Direct Services.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular Australian Opal Direct Services or other service by following the instructions contained in any such message or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Australian Opal Direct Web Sites, such as service announcements.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on an Australian Opal Direct Service. You also may update or amend your information by emailing us at email@example.com. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
7. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Australian Opal Direct Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
8. Transfer of Data Internationally
Australian Opal Direct is headquartered in the United States and has affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Australian Opal Direct Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any Australian Opal Direct Services or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
9. User-Generated Content
10. Third Party Websites and Services
12.Third Party Advertising Some of the advertisements you see on the Australian Opal Direct Services are delivered by third parties who also collect information through their own cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies about your online activities, either on our Services or across the Internet, in an effort to understand your interests and deliver advertisements that are tailored to your interests. These third parties include advertisers, advertising agencies, and ad networks that may collect information about you when you view or interact with one of their advertisements and may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
In addition, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), which offers a single location to opt out of receiving tailored advertisements from member companies. To opt out of information collection by NAI member companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit the NAI consumer opt out page. Also, through the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over advertisements that are customized based on their online behavior across different websites. Australian Opal Direct is committed to complying with the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. Also, on most mobile devices, you can install the DAA's AppChoices app to make choices about cross-app interest-based advertisements from participating third parties.
Australian Opal Direct Inc.